The Nova Scotia Community Access Program (NSCAP) is excited to join Mashable and other friends in the WORLDWIDE celebration of Social Media Day on June 30, 2014 in Sydney, NS. Other participating areas include Arizona, New York City, Toronto, Dublin, San Jose and San Carlos, California.
Teams will have 2 hours to complete the scavenger hunt. Each team will be given a set of clues leading them around downtown Sydney. The first team to cross the finish line and successfully complete the most challenges on the scavenger hunt will win the grand prize courtesy of NSCAP. The second place team will receive supplemental prizes from downtown Sydney businesses.
Here's how it works:
2. On Monday, June 30 between 1 pm and 2 pm, teams will check-in at Joan Harriss Cruise Pavilion. The race will begin at 2 pm sharp!
3. Teams will be given a set of clues leading them to complete challenges around downtown Sydney. At each check-in, teams are required to snap a photo using Instagram. Each post must include the hashtag #SMDayNS, @NovaScotiaCAP, and the hashtag of the clue's location.
4. Teams need to cross the finish line at the Joan Harriss Cruise Pavilion no later than 4 pm to qualify for the first place, and second place.
5. During the scavenger hunt, the judges will be tracking the teams’ progress. No cars allowed!
6. Winning is simple. The first team to cross the finish line and successfully complete the most tasks will claim a prize. The first place team will receive a grand prize courtesy of NSCAP. The second place team will receive supplemental prizes courtesy of businesses in downtown Sydney.
For more information visit our facebook page
image source: couchavenue